Calx carbonata ferrifera, var. lenticularis
Spathos Iron Ore; Lenticular crystallized Carbonate of Lime
- Class 2. Earths.
- Order 1. Homogeneous.
- Gen. 2. Lime.
- Spec. 4. Carbonate of Lime.
- Calcareous or Sparry Iron Ore. Kirw. v. 2. 190.
- Spathose Iron Ore. Bab. 201.
- Spathiger eisenstein. Emmerl. v. 2. 329.
- Chaux carbonatée ferrifère lenticulaire. Haüy, v. 2. 178.
- Mine de fr spathique. De Lisle, v. 2. 281.
This is nearly the same [as Tab 62.], with very flat lenticular crystals standing edgeways, of a dull rusty appearance, the matrix nearly of a similar substance, with some lustre. The whole shows the gradation of tints, and the fresh fractures are lightest, as is common in these varieties. The left hand figure has some signs of the triangular and other faces partly remaining; in the right hand figure they are entirely lost: the middle figure exhibits a transverse section, fresh broken, with signs of the confused rhomboidal fracture.