Oxide of Uranite
- Class 3. Metals.
- Order 1. Homogeneous.
- Gen. 2. Uranium.
- Spec. 1. Oxygenizatum.
- Div. 1. Crystallized.
- Gen. Char. Dark brownish gray, dull, soft, brittle. Spec. Grav. 6.44. Difficultly fusible, Soluble in nitric acid.
- Spec. Char. Combined with a large portion of oxygen.
- Uranitic ochre. Kirw. 2. 303.
- Grun Uranerz. Emmerl. 2. 584.
- Urane oxidé. Haüy, 4. 283.
- Uran mica. Jameson.
- Uranglimmer. Werner.
This variety is of a yellower hue, and appears to be splitting and decomposing, as it seems to decay at the edges, becoming rounded as if worn by oxygenizement. The gangue is chiefly a black Oxide of Copper.
Its Spec. Grav. is 3.1212.