Crystallized Blue Carbonate of Copper
- Class 3. Metals.
- Order 1. Homogeneous.
- Gen. 10. Cuprum.
- Spec. 5. Carbonatum.
- Div. 1. Crystallized.
- Cuivre oxidé bleu. De Born, 2. 329.
- Azure de Cuivre. De Lisle, 3. 341.
- Kupfer lazur. Emmerl. 2. 246.
- Blue Calciform Copper Core. Kirw. 2. 129.
- Cuivre carbonaté bleu. Haüy, 3. 562.
Blue Carbonate of Copper has rarely been seen crystallized, especially in the present forms, and has not, I believe, been before mentioned as a native of any part of Great Britain. The present rare specimen is preserved in the cabinet of G. Laing, Esq., and comes from Wanlockhead mine. I have some beautiful specimens from Cornwall, undoubtedly of this kind, but could not be certain of their formation until compared with these.